Emotionally Exhausted

I'm not in a good place right now - emotionally that is. The past couple days I have let my emotions eat me up inside and it is beginning to take a deathly toll. The VERY LITTLE, faith that I have is diminishing rapidly. Did I mention that the faith I have I very little?

I have been getting slapped around (figuratively) with this whole high school/college thing. I have worked ridiculously hard, yet have fell short in every way I can think of. It has gotten to the point where I feel like there is nothing else to live for and that not existing would be better than living to witness myself fail at reaching all the important goals I have made for myself.

When will I be recognized for my accomplishments? When will all these judges, admission officers, etc. be able to SEE that I have had a hard life but pushed through it, and that I am deserving of scholarships, acceptance and recognition? When will anyone see that I MUST get away from this wretched life I currently have and that the only way to do so is via education. When will anyone see that I have to cry every day and conjure the courage up to move on for one more day to see anything change?

I am dead tired.

Tired of waiting for something to change or for someone to understand all that I have been through. I am tired of giving my all and putting my life in an application only to be told that I am not worthy enough for an acceptance or scholarship.

Firstly, no one will ever be able to "know" me from an application, and all that I ask for is a chance - an opportunity. I promise that if given some bit of recognition and/or credit and use it as supernatural fuel to make myself and everyone else proud. My desire for success is just too immense for my accomplishments to go unnoticed.

I am tired of friends, family, teachers and the like, telling me lies that I have nothing to worry about. "You will get into that school," or "I know you will get that scholarship."

Lie. Lie. Lie.

Every scholarship that I have put my blood sweat and tears into told me I was not good enough as those chosen.

Way to boost my confidence, eh?

Frankly, I will never be given the chance to reach my full potential if I am never given the chance to explore it.

I refuse to take out a loan to pay for school and pay it back the rest of my life. I refuse to make my credit bad and then make my life much harder than it already is. I refuse to live with knowing I worked just as hard if not harder than anyone else, when it all seems like it was for absolutely nothing.

I don't care any more.
UGh man i know how it feels to let your emotions get the best of you, i do it ALL the time and it SUCKS!! but im glad your in a good spot right now. thats all that matters  

Post a Comment

If you do not have a blogger/google account, please select the option to comment using your Name/URL or Anonymously. These options can be found at the bottom of this page. If you do not have a URL, simply list your Twitter address or leave the field blank.

Please avoid posting offensive comments to myself and other commentors. Keep profanity to a minimum!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]