Problems: The Fuel To My Self-Betterment

I have been in my thoughts lately.You're probably thinking "aren't you always?" I don't blame you.

It has been somewhat different these last few days though. Rather than letting my feelings and thoughts get the best of me, I have identified some problems and began to work out some solutions; had this been any other time, I would have let my emotional issues eat me alive and make me have ill-thoughts.

I believe that since college is about to commence, I had better 'tough up.' Real life starts now, and perhaps the problems I am having now are not even half of the battle. I need to learn to alleviate my problems rather than desiring to throw in the towel and run away from them. I have taken several blows to my self-esteem, morale and "faith," and through it all, I learned that negative thoughts stifle overcoming a challenge.

No, I do not expect to change over night - but I am working on it. I really want to be able to wake up and know that even though worries are prevalent, that things can still be okay. Life is hard. Plan and simple. Albeit, like a test, if you take your time to reason through the possibilities and answers to difficult questions, it is possible that you can pass with flying colors.

Such is exactly what I hope to happen. I hope to overcome all that ails me, and be able to look back and smile and tell myself that the rewards I received were worth the fight.

Post a Comment

If you do not have a blogger/google account, please select the option to comment using your Name/URL or Anonymously. These options can be found at the bottom of this page. If you do not have a URL, simply list your Twitter address or leave the field blank.

Please avoid posting offensive comments to myself and other commentors. Keep profanity to a minimum!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]