The Future

Sitting here writing a blog seems a bit foreign to me; granted, I have been absent my blog for an extended period of my time. Not updating was not at all my intention, it's just I haven't had much to say. From time to time, a topic would hit me, and following, I would fail to find the words to convey my idea on the topic or I would just forget about it altogether.

Still, I have nothing "interesting" or thought-provoking to discuss, so I am kind of just going to say what has been on my mind lately. The future.

The future is something we think about consciously from time to time, but I on the other hand (maybe I am speaking for myself and myself only) tend too think about it way to much. Reading today, I realized that I do crave the lifestyle that consists of having a great, professional-esque job that requires me to dress up in a shirt and tie, having a fulfilled social life, a great home and fine dining.

When I think about what I want, it makes me appear to be materialistic, but really, I crave all the things I never had. It is no secret that I come from a humble background, and presently so, my lifestyle is still in fact lower/middle-class. I am in no way ashamed of my current state, in fact I pay homage to the adversity in my life because it is responsible for my headstrong work ethic as well as my motivation to succeed. Success is my fuel to escape my current life and seek a new one.

The future. Every new second is the future and can I really be blamed for wondering what is to come? I want to wake up in the mornings and know that my bills will be paid, my desires satisfied and that I deserve good things to happen to me. The world is a tricky, sometimes conniving place - and I wish the best for everyone. If a better future is what you want, by all means go for it and shoot for the stars.

Post a Comment

If you do not have a blogger/google account, please select the option to comment using your Name/URL or Anonymously. These options can be found at the bottom of this page. If you do not have a URL, simply list your Twitter address or leave the field blank.

Please avoid posting offensive comments to myself and other commentors. Keep profanity to a minimum!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]