My New-found Interest

Recently, I have realized that I might want to start writing out my own scripts to short films and directing them. Although I like writing stories that you read on paper, I never thought to turn them into films; however, between listening to music and having to do a lot of skits and acting in my speech and debate class, I discovered that I actually have a keen interest in playwright.

While acting is sometimes fun, I think if I were to follow through with this interest, I would enjoy more writing the scripts and directing - I would rather leave the acting to people who are more outgoing and actually good at it.

I think right now I want to do films that send messages pairing acting with a particular song, in other words films without dialogue. I already have some ideas in mind and I want to begin writing immediately. Eventually, I am going to start writing out dialogue and such, but I don't want to jump right into that just yet.

Perhaps I can enter my works in to different competitions and such, but I need to get a team of individuals to help me out. Actors, camera-savvy individuals and editors. I'll write first and figure out that later.

P.S. As of yesterday, I am now 18 and "legal." I feel the same...
good luck with the film making. it sounds really interesting.
and belated happy birthday! :D  
Happy birthday! And yeah, birthdays don't really give you any new feelings usually, unless there's something to look forward to. So since there's no election coming up...

So you want to write something like a music video? That sounds cool. It's a job that I'd never do. I hope that you get to do it!  
Happy belated birthday ^__^! You feel the same because you`re not 21 yet! --When you can legally drink in the public :P I hope you`ll have a great 18 :D

You should totally write scripts and direct them! It`s like. Bringing your inner mind out into the world so everyone can see em :D. And with more and more scripts you write, and more and more scripts you direct, you`ll get better and better and make it big in Hollywood. Or something.

When time comes, you`ll know what you wanna do :)  
Yeah, the poem was lovely :)

I can act! Tehehe. I'd love to write films/scripts but I just don't have the time or effort. I'm such a lazy cow! Tehe.

My brother turned 18 last Monday and we went out for a meal on the night, but he didn't order an alcoholic drink. I called him an idiot, he's the only person of his age I know that doesn't drink. I know 12 year olds that drink! Alcohol isn't everything but you've got to live a little. :P

Happy belated birthday. :)  
Happy Belated Birthday! :D
YES! doing short films and script writing etc. is fun its always been a intrest of mine aside from graphics, idk if you remeber my sim videos lol, but ive always wanted to bring my sim films to life or just make real short films or videos etc. and ive been wanting to get back into it ever since i got a camcorder for christmas this year. i mean well last year (2010) lol but i think you should do it its fun.  

Post a Comment

If you do not have a blogger/google account, please select the option to comment using your Name/URL or Anonymously. These options can be found at the bottom of this page. If you do not have a URL, simply list your Twitter address or leave the field blank.

Please avoid posting offensive comments to myself and other commentors. Keep profanity to a minimum!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]